Roscoe's Fishing Adventure
Come out and participate in Dow Park Pool's 7th Annual Winter Fishing event in our public pool! Partnering with Texas Parks and Wildlife, we will stock the Dow Park Pool for you to fish from. Fishing poles will be provided - first-come, first-served!
- Admission is FREE!! But we ask for all participants please register at the Deer Park Community Center, over the phone or online. Registration is open now!
- Bring your own cooler to transport the fish that you catch!
- Friday - Saturday, January 29th - 30th
- **January 29th: 4 p.m. - 7 p.m.
- Special Populations, Veterans and their families only. Registration must be done in person.
- January 30th: 7 a.m. - 11 a.m.
- Open to the public
- Must register for event. Registration can be made online
- 12 p.m. - 3 pm : Help us get all of the fish out of the pool! First come, first serve. Catch as many fish as you can!
- **January 29th: 4 p.m. - 7 p.m.
**Must call or come in to register for Friday's event.
- Check-in will start at event time at the Dow Park Pool.
- Masks are required in line and entrance and around the pool deck.
- Equipment will be provided on a first-come, first-serve basis but we recommend that you bring your own.
- Temperature screenings will be conducted prior to entry into the facility.
- Physical distancing practices will be encouraged.
- We recommend that if you are unable to practice social distancing to please wear a face covering or face shield.
- The deck will be measured off to ensure social distancing.
- All who enter the building will have their temperature taken. Anyone with an elevated temperature of 100.4F or more will be asked to sit in their car and wait 10-15 minutes and their temperature can be taken again. If their temperature is still elevated, they will be sent home.
- Any participant with flu-like symptoms will be sent home.
Sanitation Procedures & Guidelines
- The facility will be sanitized before the start of the event
- Participants are recommended to apply hand sanitizer when entering the facility.
- All commonly visited areas and touchpoints will be sanitized regularly.
- Staff will continually sanitize the areas.
- Use of water fountains will not be permitted. Participants should bring the own-labeled water bottle that will be used only for themselves.
- Deck chairs will not be available. We recommend you bring your own chair.
Dear Fishing Participants:
Thank you for coming out to our sixth annual Roscoe's Fishing Adventure. Here are a few things to know prior to coming out on the day that you registered for:
- Only people who are registered for the event are allowed to fish.
- Every registered participant has the opportunity to take home a maximum of 2 fish. Please adhere to this so all of our participants will have an opportunity like you.
- We ask that you please bring a small ice chest to transport your caught fish home. If you forget to bring this, we will have a small amount of ice and gallon bags for you to take your fish home.
- We will have staff on hand to fillet your fish for you, if you desire. This is also free of charge.
- We have 100 fishing poles on hand for our participants to use. If you would like to bring your own gear, you are more than welcome to, we just ask that you please use a barbless hook. The City will not be held responsible for lost or stolen gear.
- If you'd like to find out the wait time prior to arrival, please call 281-478-2055.
- No catch and release will be allowed. If you catch one of the fish but don't desire to take it home, do not throw it back into the water, please bring it over to the fillet station and we will take care of it.