The Municipal Court's primary function is to process all Class C Criminal charges filed by the Police Department, Animal Control, Fire Marshal/Chief and Code Enforcement Officers alleged to have occurred within the territorial limits of the City of Deer Park. These include charges filed under the Texas Transportation Code, Penal Code, Alcoholic Beverage Code, Health and Safety Code, Education Code and the City of Deer Park Code of Ordinances.
Dress Code for Court
All attire shall be appropriate to show respect to the Court. All court participants shall remove hats, caps, or any materials that cover their head when entering the courtroom. Clothing that would be considered unacceptable includes, but is not limited to:
- Shorts, cut-offs, bathing suits.
- Low-cut blouses or tops.
- Skirts or dresses that are short (less than halfway from knee to top of thigh).
- Muscle shirts, shirts with no sleeves, undershirts, clothing with lewd, sexual, offensive,vulgar, racist, sexist, obscene, or sexually suggestive words, slogans, depictions, or pictures, including grotesque creatures.
- Clothing that is dirty, torn, or ragged.
- Clothing that is too tight, too short, excessively baggy, pant waists worn below the waist. Hats, caps, or bandanas.